Are you a hummus person?
My kids only like store-bought hummus!
Grrr. I’m really tempted to keep the container from the store-bought hummus use it for my homemade hummus to trick them. 😂
I like to prep a big batch of veggies every week making lunches and snacks easier for the kids when they’re learning at home.
Personally, I like homemade hummus and I wanted to try something new with the ingredients I had on hand. (Making a dip is a great way to use up leftover veggies in the fridge!)
Enter this White Bean Hummus with Kale and Zucchini!
This is a fresh hummus you can enjoy in the winter or summer months and it’s perfect to eat with all of your prepped veggies or even as a sandwich or wrap spread.
First, why make your own hummus?
- Making hummus is easier than you think.
- You can control the ingredients. Many store-bought hummus and dips contain canola and vegetable oils which aren’t good for our overall health.
- Beans are a great option for added proteins and carbohydrates.
Benefits of White Beans (Navy Beans):
- High in Fibre, B vitamins, protein, iron and magnesium
- Balance blood sugar
- Lower cholesterol
- Help to lower risk of heart attack
Benefits of Kale:
- Helps to lower cholesterol (even more so if it is steamed)
- Helps to support the body’s detoxification process.
- A significant source of vitamins K, C and A
Benefits of Zucchini
- Good source of vitamin C and many B vitamins
- Contains Omega-3 fatty acids
- Good source of fibre
- High in antioxidants
What’s not to like about this amazing superfood white bean hummus!? Try it next time you want to eat something different for a snack.
White Bean Hummus with Kale and Zucchini
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- +/- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 zucchini diced
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 leaves tuscan/lacinato kale de-ribbed and torn
- 1 can navy beans 14 oz
- Whirl it all up in a food processor and enjoy with veggies!
- Cilantro or parsley would also be really good in this dip!
P.S.: Follow me on Instagram to get weekly tips and tricks!
P.P.S.: Get other delicious recipes here!
Free Guide + Simple Recipes!
Get my Free Guide: 3 Tips to Make Cooking at Home Easier + Easy Recipes Meal Plan
Thank you for subscribing! Your free guide and recipe booklet is on its way!
Something went wrong.