Easy Turkey Soup Recipe
Use this recipe to use up any leftover turkey you have from the holidays!
Servings: 4 people
Medium/Large Soup Pot
Knife + Cutting Board
Spoon/Ladle for stirring
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Avocado oil would work well here too
- 2-3 Carrots Diced
- 2-3 Celery Stalks Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 cup Swiss Chard, Kale or other Greens Optional
- 1/4 cup Fresh Oregano or 1 tbsp dried
- 6-8 cups Turkey Stock, Veggie Stock, Water or Chicken Stock I used Turkey Bone Broth
- 1-2 cups Turkey (mix of dark and white is nice!) shredded or diced
- 1 cup Rice cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat up a big soup pot and add the olive oil
Add the carrots, celery and onion and sauté for about 7 minutes or so
Add the oregano and turkey to the pot and cook for another 3 minutes or so
Add the stock and bring to a boil, then bring it down to a simmer
Cook until the veggies are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Add the rice and greens and stir again until the greens are wilted
Taste to adjust the seasoning.