It’s that time again! Soup time!
I was craving soup this week so I went through the fridge and threw together a very simple and nourishing vegetable soup that you can make with random veggies in your crisper!
Here’s what I did:
Simple Veggie Soup.
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cauliflower chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil
- Heat a pot and add olive oil.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. About three minutes.
- Add garlic, sweet potatoes, carrot and cauliflower and cook to soften. About five minutes
- Add chickpeas, broth, spices, and salt. Simmer for about 15 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Serve topped with sliced basil
This soup would also be fantastic with leftover shredded chicken.
Try it out and let me know if you make it!