I’ve been bringing the kids an after-school snack since Leo began JK to help take a load off their hanger. You know it happens. My kids are exhausted and if you add hunger to that, watch out. I’m lucky to make it home. Most days I bring a smoothie, but Mila really isn’t into smoothies so I change it up now and again. Last week I brought these date balls and they were a hit. Here’s the rundown:
Date Balls with Coconut + Walnuts
These little date balls pack a nutritious punch making them a perfect after-school snack for the littles.
Recipe type: Snack
- 2 cups of organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons of camino cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 handful of walnuts (or nut or seed of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- How to make them:
- Put all of the ingredients except the shredded coconut into a food processor and process until everything is incorporated.
- Put the shredded coconut into a bowl and put aside.
- Take about a tablespoon of 'dough' at a time and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut.