I’ve been bringing the kids an after-school snack since they began JK to help take a load off their hanger.
You know it happens.
Kids (and adults!) are exhausted and if you add hunger to that, watch out. I’m lucky to make it home.
Most days I bring a smoothie, but my daughter isn’t really into smoothies so I change it up now and again. Last week I brought these date balls and they were a hit.
What’s so great about these date balls as a snack? Here’s the rundown:
- First and foremost, we want to make sure that our snacks have substance. Like our regular meals, snacks should have a combination of fat, fibre and protein to keep us satisfied and to make sure our blood sugar doesn’t spike.
- They’re sweet without being overly sweet! I find one or two of these really help satisfy my sweet tooth.
- They’re easy to pack up for a quick snack on the go.
Here’s the recipe:
Date Balls with Coconut + Walnuts
- 2 Cups Organic Medjool dates pitted
- 1 Handful Walnuts or nut or seed of choice
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder I like Camino
- 2 Tbsp Shredded coconut
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Put all of the ingredients except the shredded coconut into a food processor and process until everything is incorporated.
- Put the shredded coconut into a bowl and put aside.
- Take about a tablespoon of ‘dough’ at a time and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut.
Did you make this recipe? Show me on IG! Tag me @lealoucooks.
Yes! You can use any seed. These taste great with a combo of pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
Nope! You can leave it out completely. They will still taste great! You could also try rolling them in more of of the cocoa powder. They’ll look like truffles!
P.S.: Follow me on Instagram to get weekly tips and tricks!
P.P.S.: Get other delicious recipes here!
Free Guide + Simple Recipes!
Get my Free Guide: 3 Tips to Make Cooking at Home Easier + Easy Recipes Meal Plan
Thank you for subscribing! Your free guide and recipe booklet is on its way!
Something went wrong.