I thought it was high time for a recipe so I bring you the Simple Summer Salsa!
I rarely buy salsa anymore after realizing how easy (and delicious!) it is to make it. This literally took five minutes especially if you have a food processor. Use fresh and local cherry tomatoes when they start coming into the farmer’s market for your the best salsa!
I eat this simple salsa with eggs, burgers, and chips (those are brown rice chips made from tortillas in the photo below!). Enjoy and let me know if you make it!
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of parsley or cilantro.
- ¼ of a red onion, coarsely chopped
- ½ of a jalapeno pepper, deseeded
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 1 - ½ lime, juiced
- Chop the red onion and jalapeno in the food processor to a fine a dice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until desired consistency. I like mine a bit chunkier so I just pulse a few times.